06 August 2007

The Forest of opportunites lost.

As I was walking through the forest ,
I glimpsed opportunities past.
I think I took a wrong turn someplace-
I think I moved too fast.

In my haste ,I believe
I was blind
To what I ought to have seen.
And in the course of my journey,
I think I ended up
Where I never wanted to be.

I try to retrace my footsteps.
They are difficult to spot now.
Eroded by eddies of faulty memories
It is difficult to see where exactly
I deviated from the path chosen by me.

Maybe the beginning is where I ought to start.
But going back home is no easy task .
Through the dark canopy of old mistakes
I must struggle to make my own way.

No one said it would be easy.
But they never warned me
It would be like this.
Or maybe I just never saw
What was staring me in the face.

Every step of the way
I must fight the mediocrity
That threatens to captivate
And I must learn to ignore
The temptations of security
That lead to complacency.

Every second I’m running faster,
For time is out to make me lose
This twisted race that I never chose.
Hurriedly my eyes strain against the hazy mists,
They search in earnest high and low ,
Seeking the sign that I shouldn’t have missed.

If only I knew where to go !?

2 comments:

shruti4589 said...

What I really liked about this poem is how its so.. honest, direct and simple. It really gets you on the first read itself.
Great piece of writing J. Though I would like to know if possible what caused it?

Ishtaar said...

I tell u... go to blondie's house my lil confused bachcha ;)
On a more serious note... Love it... honest and simple most def.
More more more! :)