07 October 2007

Of moonlight kisses and starlight wishes

Love is for the brave of heart , for those of us who have the courage to put our hearts out there in the cold cruel world and let fate run its course . Romance is but a seven letter that denotes the elusive magic of everyday life, that we all want to feel , but can never really touch . This isn't me trying to define words , I prefer to leave that to those who write dictionaries for a living. But the lack of romance in my life currently has me debating and introspecting a lot more than the norm .Of course add to this the insane amount of chick flicks/chick lit i seem to be ingesting,its no wonder my mind is in romantic overdrive. The truth of the matter is that when it comes to love ,I know nothing . Most of my close friends have heard me talk , they've taken my advice and believed in my convictions. But the truth of the matter is that I have never put my heart out there (or maybe I did once but have forgotten whatthat was like) ,I dont really trust anyone with my heart (fragile as it is) and yet I know that love and trust work in tandem.

I watched a movie I really like for the second time . Most ppl hate this movie for various reasons but I still like it . Here is a long quote from the movie . Enjoy it for what it is - cute , simple and sweet .

"pick a line"
"what ?"
"any line ..."
"what do you mean ?"

"jab ek ladka ek ladki se shaadi keliye uska haath maangta hai... he needs to pick a line, so whats your line ?"

"Nikki bakshi kya tum mujhse shaadi karogi ?"

"Thats your line ???!!
what part of falling in love dont you understand? ?!!Jerk , tum jaisa stupid dumb idiotic ladka maine aaj tak nahin dekha !!!!...remember that morning ,woh kitni special subah thi aur kya tumne kya kaha ,i love you nikki baby ??? No, tumne kaha do you want coffee? No, i dont want coffee , I dont like coffee, I dont even drink coffee..."

"You know what your problem is ??? tum ek teraah saal ki bigdi hui ladki ho jo zindagi bhar teraah saal ki rahegi ,aur tumhein sirf mein tolerate kar sakta hoon kyunki mein ek chaudaah saalka brat hoon jo zindagi bhar chaudaah saal ka rahega and thats why you fool,hum dono ek dusre ke liye perfect hain ..."


*sigh and what a line that was . Yeah ok My taste is movies might be bizarre and so is my idea of love and romance, but the sheer pragmatic romanticism of that line got to me . This wasnt two ppl pretending to be perfect , but two people embracing each others imperfections and vowing to love each forever with and not inspite of them.

2 comments:

Ishtaar said...

How many times have u actually seen that movie??? :p
Cute!!! Ur such a romantic lil dopehead!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.