24 March 2008

Some Poetry

Packing

If someone had to pack a suitcase with all things me,
What an odd collection of things that would be.

Socks to keep me warm on a cold winter night.
Paper and Ink – because I love to write.

An old necklace, loved and worn.
Painted converse shoes, threadbare and torn.

An assortment of watches because I am never on time.
Neon stars on my ceiling and a window of sunshine.

A pinch of sand and a bottle full of sea,
A sea shell from the beach – Happy memories.

Antique silver earrings, my favourite jewellery.
An inheritance of culture, a lime and green chillies.

Slabs of chocolate for some instant love.
My collection of books and a cooking stove.

Chewed up nails and fallen hair.
Body fat that is always there.

Aspirations and a little ambition.
Humility laced with subtle derision.

Candlelight and Candy hearts for Romance.
A handsome man – sharing a dance.

Shards of broken dreams and floating hope.
Strawberry shampoo and Vanilla soap.

Running out of space, there is so much to pack,
Trying to figure out the things I’ve left back.

I slam shut the suitcase full of everything but me.
What an odd collection of things I turned out (not?) to be.

__________________________________________________

Kiss

Lips touch
As desires collide
Dancing
In the midnight
of passionate skies

Lust Twinkles above
As she orchestrates the scene
Conspiring with love
to create a sinful melody

Teasingly he touches
her graceful neck
They exchange glances
to communicate
Things better left unsaid

Eyes lowered
She blushes
as he leans down
to Steal her heart ,
Their souls merge ...

Lips touch
As desires collide
Dancing
In the midnight
of passionate skies.

__________________________________________________


On Making a Mistake

Love me
Even though I am ashamed

Rid me of my guilt
ridden clothes
andWash them clean

Put me to bed
Like you did
When I was but a child.

Heal me.
Hold me in your arms
Make the world go away

I let you down .

Are you disappointed ?
Are you sad?
Did I hurt you too much?
Can I ever fix it ?

I am sorry.

Please
Make my error
Disappear.

Hold me tight
Support me
like you did when I
first learned how to walk.

I’ve walked enough now .
I must learn to fly,
But I am unable to run
fast enough for take off.

So dazed.
So sleepy
But these days
Sleep doesn’t come easy.

3 comments:

Ishtaar said...

Omg! I loooovve the first because it's so you!
But I love the other two as well... Love the flow...
Vanilla soap and sea shells heehee
I misss you

Anonymous said...

omg u put all up !! yaaay !
lol u know my comments smurfy!
lame i know :p
love the "Shards of broken dreams and floating hope.
Strawberry shampoo and Vanilla soap."
n i adore the poem "kiss" and the use of repitition..
n the last for its sheer simplicity and impact and blatantness..n the emotions it stirs up in the reader..n the visual image it conjures up of the person who committed the mistake in ur head..

Anonymous said...

oh n i had the privilege of witnessin the birth of these pieces and their growth..
lol !