04 November 2007

This is not a love song !

I wont write a love letter .
I wont sing a love song
My heart will not echo yours in the silence .
It will not flutter when the phone rings to your call
In fact I will not react at all .

I will not wish you sweet dreams when its time for bed
I will not dream of you at night
And in the morning when I wake
You'll be hoping I might
consider waking u with a kiss - I wont.

I wont think of you when I'm busy at work
And when you message me in your free time ,
I promise you I wont reply
When u hug me tight , I wont react
Im good at pretending , Ill make u belive my love was an act.

I'll have you doubting your every move
second guessing everythign you say
I promise you baby , I'll make this difficult , Ill make it hard
for you to know , see your way in the dark .

I won't be nice , Ill go out of my way to be mean
I'll make it seem like I dont care, Honey I'll make you believe
that deep down inside I feel nothing
when the truth couldnt be further from it
But ill counter my feelings every step of the way
and never let you know it .

Because if you were to truly see
the way I feel inside-
the anticiptaion when the phone rings
and the disappointment when it isnt you
the number of times im plagued at work
by thoughts of us two .
every dream I dream at night , echoes only your name
A day without you isnt a day
but an endless passage of time
The only reason I wake up
is because I know you are mine
when u hold me close my love ,
theres magic in the air
My movements seem hollow and empty
when you are not there .

But how I can let you know ?
How can I admit defeat?
I lost my heart to you my love
And for all that I have nothing to show
but a few moments , frozen in time
a bad bargain some may say
pointless say many others
But either ways , I'llmake sure you never know
How much it hurts when you go
I may have lost my heart but my self I will not lose
No matter the temptation
I have my dignity to prove .

No comments: